Long recognized by Eastern cultures, subtle energy fields are only recently being detected, studied, and utilized by Western medicine. Energy medicine is transforming health care, as well as having an impact on education, business, sports, and all other endeavors involving human performance.
Energy medicine has been known to:
- Relieve pain
- Boost athletic performance, vitality and stamina
- Loosen stiff or cramped muscles
- Sharpen mind and memory
- Strengthen the immune system
- Diminish common complaints such as colds and tension headaches
- Reduce stress
- Alleviate arthritic pain
- Relieve chronic headaches
- Soothe back pain
- Release neck and shoulder tension
Energy medicine can be a complete system of care or a complement to other forms of medicine. It can promote high-level wellness and peak performance, as well as address physical illness and emotional or mental disorders. The essential principles of energy medicine include:
1. Energies form the dynamic infrastructure of the physical body.
2. The health of those energies – in terms of flow, balance, and harmony - is reflected in the health of the body.
3. Conversely, when the body is not healthy, corresponding disturbances in its energies can be identified and treated.
4. To overcome illness and maintain vibrant health, the body needs its energies to move and have space to move in specific patterns. Energies may become blocked due to toxins, muscular or other constriction, prolonged stress, or interference.
5. Flow, balance, and harmony can be non-invasively restored and maintained within an energy system.